-=PCTechTalk=- Re: [Re: Printer trouble]

  • From: Hank Adams <hdka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 01:25:10 -0500

OK I run the Repair System Files, When I rebooted and went into
windows explorer and clicked the printer folder it logged me on
line, then I got the "404 Object Not Found". Printer still can't
be found. Would a win98 reinstall maybe fix it? I don't want to
format, I'll do without the printer for awhile first.
Yours Hank

"GuitarMan" <PCTech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hank,
    Go ahead and install it.  If it's currently in a Zip or Exe file, you'll
need to uncompress the files first.  Then, right click on the Tweakui.inf
file and choose Install from the context menu.  It should take you through
two windows before the install is complete.  Afterwards, open up TweakUI
from within Control Panel (Start/Settings/Control Panel) and go to the
Repair tab.  From there, have it repair the System Files.  It'll request
that you reboot to finish the repairs it makes.  I'm not telling you that
this will fix everything.  It may do absolutely nothing, in fact.  Still,
there's a chance that this could repair the file(s) that is/are causing this
odd behavior.  Even if it doesn't, you'll have new access to some of Windows
more hidden features/options once TweakUI is installed.          :O)

    Let me know if it helps with the "404 Object Not Found" problem.

Peace,
G Man

PCTechTalk Owner