-=PCTechTalk=- Re: RFID chips to be put into clothing

  • From: "Don" <don101@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:52:08 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bashful Bob" <Bashfulbob@xxxxxxx>
To: "PCTT" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 8:36 PM
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- RFID chips to be put into clothing

> Forgot the URL before
>
> http://www.spychips.com/press-releases/checkpoint.html
>
> MYSTERY CLOTHING COMPANY PLANS ITEM-LEVEL RFID ROLLOUT
> CASPIAN obtains photos of prototype clothing tags
> An unnamed national company plans to tag all of its clothing items with
radio frequency identification (RFID) tracking devices in 2005, according to
Checkpoint representatives at last week's Frontline Expo 2004 trade show in
Chicago.

As long as the tags are removed at the checkout counter I have no problem
with this.  Even if the RFID chip is not removed, I wonder how many washings
it will take to short it out or how long the battery will last.

PLEASE, if you are able, help the Hurricane Charley, Frances, Ivan and
Jeanne relief efforts.  Your help can be to donate blood, cash, groceries,
clothing, shelter, volunteer time or just thoughts and prayers.  I promise
it will be sincerely appreciated by those that need the assistance.  Call
your favorite religious, volunteer or charitable agencies to learn how you
can help.   Thank you.