-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Quick Time Question

  • From: Mick <mick12@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, hillfarm3@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 16:59:40 -0400

Hi - what operating system are you running and what did you use before
the grandson installed QT? What happened is that QT changed all your
associations and removing QT won't restore the associations. If You used
Windows media Player then bring up the media player - go to 'tools' then
'options. In options there are several tabs. Click the tab labeled -
'formats'. Here there will be a check list. Put a check in each box that
you want WMP to handle. In other words - put a check in Movie files if
you want WMP to play all moving files. After making your selections then
click apply then ok. If you used Real Player then you do the same thing.
Same for Winamp or what ever else you used. Next time the grandson wants
to play a game and needs to install QT have him do a 'custom' install.
This way he (you) can select what QT will be associated with. Have him
only associate the game.