-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Paying at eBay was Re: Snag It and 6 other

  • From: "Tech Rose - LoveBytes" <TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 09:51:19 -0700

Cris,

When you open your Pay Pal Account on line.  You get a screen showing your
balance and any recent activity.  If you have not had any, then none will
show...(See How smart I am...lol!)

Since I have recently purchased something from Ebay...

I have a heading Recent Activity... then All Activity... Then Items Won and
the ebay logo.
This only reflects yuor last 7 days of activity.   If ou press the all
activity link it will go back as far the 3 previous months.

Above all that are some tabs.

My Account - Send Money - Request Money - Merchant Tools - Autction Tools

Below those tabs are more tabs.

Overview (Which is where you are when you open your account) - Add Funds -
Wuthdraw - History - Profile

The Add Funds Tab lets you transfunds from a US Bank Account and it takes
3-4 Business days and it is free to do so.

The Transfer Tab allows you to get money OUT of your Pay Pal Account.  (Same
some rich person decided to send you  $5,000 for your granny's stuffed
cat....  You could then transfer that money to your regular bank account.
It is electronic and takes 3-4 business days.  There are other options on
how to get your money.. just check out the site.

There are other options..but... do not fret... you do not have to use a
debit or charge card if you do not want to.  How you do it is up to you.

I prefer to put money in my account and know that is my spending limit.  I
choose not to have it take money from my credit/debit card..but I have the
option to do so.  I just sort of forget about that option so I will NOT
spend money I did not plan to spend.

I just paid off my credit cards and I find using Pay Pal better than a
credit card... as I choose to use it only like an account with NO credit
card attached.  If it is not there I cannot spend it.

Hope this helps.

I know you said the option was not there to transfer money in when you got
the account,  But I can tell you..I was a bit overwhelmed when I first got
the account...There are so many links and tabs... I am use to going to the
bank and talking to someone and asking questions... This is a bit of an
adjustment.

I know you are computer savvy..as I like to think I am too..but
somethings..out of its regular element is a bit difficult to understand
completely.  I was very wary in the beginning.  But that was a few years
ago..Now...  I am more comfortablewith it.  I have more experience with
it..and...there are more people using it.  I probabaly have about 2 dozen
transactions on my account in total.  Some are transferrring money
in..others are paying for small things on the net.  The biggest thing was
the video card I just purchased.  The rest all all under $35.00 or there
abouts.

Rose

From: "cristy" <poppy0206@xxxxxxx>
programs
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 00:29:22 -0400

guess that leaves me out then, I am paying off credit cards, wont use
them
for awhile.

cristy

David F Wooledge, Chair