-=PCTechTalk=- Re: [PCTechTalk] Virus? (Constantly Bombarded)

  • From: Master NetLord <NetLord@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Cajun <cajun@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 20:18:39 GMT

Cajun,

Couple of things.  You posted this to Yahoo.....and we've moved the
list to Freelists.  I think you're subscribed at Freelists -- did you
mean to send this post to Yahoo?   If you need some help, let me
know.

The problem you describe may simply be caused by an administrator who
is not familiar with that klez virus.  If they look at the E-Mail
that contains the virus, they may see your E-Mail address as the
sender.  In reality, the klez virus may have obtained your E-Mail
addy from a third party's address book (someone who is infected) and
spoofed the E-mail to look like it was sent from you.

Last question -- you live in Texas and collect knives??

Regards,
 ,,,,,,,
Ô¿Ô¬
Master NetLord
"The Keyboard Cowboy"
========<O>========
Cincinnati, OH / Scottsdale, AZ
NetLord@xxxxxxx
8:13:57 PM
07/10/2002

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002 22:03:58 -0500,
Cajun wrote:
>Linda, does either McAfee or Norton's detect the Klez virus?  I
>downloaded a
>Klez removal program from Norton's and after scanning my entire
>computer, it
>displayed the message "neither W32.Klez.gen@mm nor @32.elkern.gen
>were found
>on your computer."  Yet, I received another message today from
>"System
>Anti-Virus Administrator" saying a virus was found in an email
>message that
>I sent (I didn't send the message).  It says the virus is
application