-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Outlook Express

  • From: "Harold B." <harold7@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 09:27:10 -0500

Hello again ... sorry for the delay in taking any action; anyway, the
problem is solved...

Original Problem
Using Outlook Express and "all of a sudden" PCTechTalk digest is going
directly to the Deleted Items folder. How do I stop that so that it goes
directly to the Inbox? I'm using AVG free edition and ZoneAlarm (if that
helps in finding a solution this problem), however, I only notice this
problem with PCTechTalk mail --- Harold
*********************
From: "Robert Andrew Dulaney Jr."
Do you have any anti-spam software installed and running? Do you have any
message rules engaged?
******************
From: "Don"
Either you have a SPAM monitor that is marking and deleting the group as
SPAM or you have a message rule(filter) set up to delete some other mail
(such as spam) that is also catching and deleting PCTechTalk. Try this....
Disable all message rules (filters) that delete messages. Move a PCTechTalk
message from the deleted items folder back to the inbox. Enable ONE rule at
a time and apply to the inbox. If the problem is caused by a message rule
you will see the message move from inbox to deleted items when you enable
and apply it. Everyone that uses Outlook Express and/or message rules will
find it very useful to visit:
*******************
From: "Joyce"
And is it possible your ISP made a new rule for Spam. You might also check
with them.
RESPONSE ... Thank you for the suggestions. And Judy Witt suggested I start
by going to Tools, Message Rules, Blocked Senders List, and look for any
reference to PCTechTalk and remove it from that list. Strangely enough,
there was NO reference there to PCTechTalk .... sooooo, I removed the entire
list. Eureka, I just received the PCTechTalk digest into my inbox. Thanks to
all --- Harold B.