-=PCTechTalk=- Re: OT- learning guitar- hey GMan

  • From: GMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 02:58:56 -0500

Jo Ann,
    First of all, please allow me to break that misconception by telling you
that the opportunity to teach one of the Arts to someone is rarely anything
even remotely approaching an "imposition" to most who can teach.  Let those
players who have already made the offer decide whether or not it's a waste
of their time.  If they made the offer, it's rather obvious that it's not.
:O)

    High pitch hearing loss shouldn't get in your way.  In the beginning,
you'll need your memory skills more than your hearing as you learn a new
language (music) as well as study a new map (the guitar's fingerboard).  As
you improve, you'll also learn how to strum and pick in ways that will allow
for an increase in volume over what you had been able to do before.  You'll
also discover the best postures that help you to hear the guitar better.
(fun hint: place the small extrusion of the center of your ear canal
directly on the guitar and pluck a note)             lol

Peace,
GMan

The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask.