-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Notepad replacement

  • From: "g.imrie" <g.imrie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 10:07:01 +0100

GMan

Like Roger, I swapped over from Notepad to Metapad a number of years ago.
Main reason for me was the fact that any/all URLs copied into Metapad remain
live, and will startup your browser and go to the URL when clicked.

Bear in mind this was in the days before the Linkification addin for
Firefox, so there was no way of saving live links back then, without messing
around with HTML/CSS/javascript coding (Not something you can recommend to
young disabled pupils!!!) Now tho, it's a whole different ballgame, with
any/all URLs in posts being immediately clickable. That also might be a
useful addition to your armoury. Highly recommended!!!

Best as Ever

Geo. & Shirley Anne