-=PCTechTalk=- Re: (No Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 16:14:38 -0500

  • From: "LARRY J. BODEKER" <lbodeker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Brenda,

If you have access to another computer (another one of your own or someone
else's), log on to your Outlook Express e-mail account and download your
e-mail from this different computer.  If you have NOT set your own computer
to remove messages from your internet provider's server after reading them
(under Options on Outlook Express), you should be able to download all those
messages that you have directed be left on the server for the prescribed
period of time (ex: 5 days, 7 days, etc.)  I have done this numerous times
as I have more than one computer of my own.  At least it works with the
local internet service provider that I use here in my area.  Not sure if it
would work with Earthlink or not, but it is worth a try if you can use
another computer.  Hope this helps.

Larry