-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Need help ewith a serial mouse please

  • From: Christopher Zeigler <chrisallen032@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 14:07:52 -0400

Hello this is Chris
Have you installed the drivers for the serial to USB adapter in order for
it to probably work properly you will have to install the drivers try to
find the model number for the adapter and go to the manufacturers would
like to get the driver to see if that helps have you a wonderful day
On Sep 7, 2015 4:55 PM, "rudy" <rudylopeznc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have an old pressure sensitive mouse that I
can't go without, I type with a typing stick due to disabilty so I can't
drag
my finger across mousepads or copy/paste with them but I can with this old
8bit
pressure sensitive mouse. It is working fine on my Win7 64bit desktop, my
friend added a serial card inside the desktop. It is installed on Comm4.
So I
buy this USB to serial adabter for my laptop

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007T27H8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00
It to is listed on comm4 and the device is working properly. But the mouse
will
not work on this adapter, in control panel on my desktop I click on mouse
and
serial mouse is listed, but on my laptop just the Thinkpad mouse is
listed, no
serial mouse. There are no mouse drivers installed on my desktop, well the
standard drivers. Why will the mouse work with a serial card but not a
serial
adabter? Yes it's a very old mouse, 8bit but it works great with a serial
card on my win7 64bit desktop, but nothing on my win7 64bit laptop with the
usb to serial adabter listed above. As I stated, the laptop listed the
adapter on comm4 but the mouse will not work or show.....any help???
Thanks
Rudy
"unsubscribe" in the Subject.

in the Subject.