-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Need Help With G-Mail

  • From: ~OoO~ <sirtroth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 15:38:24 -0500

Checking your Gmail is just done by going to the website. There are no =
modifications or settings being touched on your system. Its just a =
website. With that, there's no reason going to Gmail should disconnect =
you. Are you sure it only happens when you are at Gmail?

I would definitely try uninstalling AOL and then reinstalling. Besides =
the obvious time it takes to uninstall/reinstall, is there any other =
reason you don't want to reinstall AOL? Are you on dial-up or broadband?

If you're worried about your saved stuff on AOL, I believe all AOL =
settings are saved on the AOL servers. So, reinstalling shouldn't be any =
more inconvenient that time-consuming. In regards to saved files on AOL, =
those are stored on your computer and won't get deleted unless you tell =
it to during the uninstall.

--Troth