-=PCTechTalk=- Re: MS Blast on Laptop

  • From: "Albert Bundt,DCB" <albert.bundt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 21:07:50 -0700

32
----- Original Message -----
From: <HandsomeBlck@xxxxxxx>
To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2003 9:01 PM
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- MS Blast on Laptop

Hello all,
    While I was installing windows updates (more than @20Meg?), my computer
started rebooting.  My bad, I had not installed ZA yet, or ran NAV in a
while.
     Anyway, no problem.  I printed out Weaverdj's instructions on how to
get
rid of it.  Set all three boxes in RPC to "take no action", and disabled
system restore.
     First ran a search for "msblast.exe" on HDD.  Doesn't appear to be
there. I finished downloading most of the critical updates that I also have
on my
desktop, that's when the shut downs started.
     Went to MS download page.  There are two versions of the patch;  32 Bit
and 64 Bit.  Downloaded both, as well as the symantec fixblast.exe.
     I think I'm ready to proceed, but don't know whether I have a 32 or 64
bit system.  System info; 1566 Intel Celeron, XP Home.  How do I find out
what
"bit" system I have?
Thanks,

HB