-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Java Virtual Machine

  • From: "geekette" <geekette@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 00:17:32 -0500

http://iwsun4.infoworld.com/articles/hn/xml/01/07/19/010719hnjavaup.xml

"Removing it from Windows XP is a step toward discontinuing the product"

From my research. . .it looks like the most recent action that would
coincide with the removal of JVM is readying applications to run under
Windows.net server
From a print mag:
". . .each division at Microsoft under went a code review, sweeping each
piece of software in search of vulnerabilities. The code review is
intended to make Microsoft's software more secure and reliable, and has
become a top priority . . .
We spent six or seven weeks scrubbing code"

From: "geekette"