-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Internet Explorer Repair

  • From: "David J. Weaver" <weaverdj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 12:32:44 -0400

Okay it was bugging me cause I couldn't remember off the top of my head so I
went in and looked.

The branch is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed
Components\{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4383}

The Key Name is "IsInstalled" (sans quotes) change it to 0.  Then it should
work.

The MS Article in question is located at http://tinyurl.com/2wrc

Dave