-=PCTechTalk=- Re: IE8 Address bar? Deleting previous search info

  • From: <recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 15:21:14 -0400

Are you referring to the picklist that appears when you start typing in a
new address?  If so this is incredibly easy to do.

1. With IE open, click on the picklist arrow at the far right of the address
box

2. With the list open mouse over any entry and look to the far right of the
list.

3. click on the little red X that appears.

If the entry you want to delete is not visible then

1.  Find any category heading in the list (History, Favorites or what ever)

2.  Click on the picklist arrow at the far right.  This opens up the entire
category rather than the most recent.

You can also try this:

Start typing any address into the address bar.  A pick list will appear.
Mouse over the item to delete then click the red X as above.  At the bottom
of that window is a scroll arrow.  Click it to expand the list to include
the entire history.

Note:  On my computer the favorites in the picklist appears to be at least
some of the sites I have put into my Favorites and a few that I have not.

Special note: Because we are talking about a Microsoft product, the address
toolbar that can be added to the taskbar (right click Start>Properties then
toolbars tab) does not work like the one in IE.  Its history is totally
separate from the one in IE and can not be edited as described above (you
will have to ask Microsoft why this is).

SUPER Special note:  The little red x will also appear in the picklist when
you type something into the search bar at the far right side of the IE
window, though you may need to type in an almost complete entry in order to
see what you are looking for.

Don