-=PCTechTalk=- Re: IE

  • From: The Keyboard Cowboy <KBCowboy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 22:19:13 -0500

You can actually use FireFox for MS updates.  Just use the IE function <G>
   Regards from

 Bob -- the "Keyboard Cowboy",
           ,,,,,,,,
          Ô¿Ô¬
 Cincinnati, Ohio - Scottsdale, Arizona
 Thursday, 12/14/2006, @ 10:18:43 PM EST
 There should be a better reward for promptness than having to wait for
everyone else.

==================|:o:|==================

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 21:50:37 -0500, Don Wilcox wrote:
[-]   Why?  The only thing you really need IE for is Windows Update.
[-]
[-]   Anyway, you never lost IE.  It is still right where it has always
[-]   been, just waiting for the next virus or trojan to come along.
[-]
[-]   To restore it as your default browser, start IE, it will likely
[-]   advise you that IE is not your default and do you want it to be?
[-]   Say yes.
[-]
[-]   If it doesn't, go to TOOLS>OPTIONS then select the Programs tab.
[-]   At the very bottom put a check in the box to have IE check if it is
[-]   the default browser.  Next time you open IE you will get the prompt
[-]   I mentioned above.
[-]
[-]   But I would very seriously reconsider going back to IE.  Especially
[-]   IE 6. IE 7 has better security, but it may also give you different
[-]   problems.
[-]
[-]   Don
[-]