-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Graph Paper Printer- Lil

  • From: "Lilian" <lilian.oswaldocruz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 22:53:34 -0300

I had no idea you had that kind of rationing, ration books etc. in America!
I spent the war years in Brazil, where as far as I know we only had gasoline
rationing.  But, we went to England in 1947 taking crates of food and
clothing for the family over there.  I remember the rationing, our coupon
booklets, "cream" cakes made with egg whites, the sweetless candies... the
awful soap.  On the other hand, I remember beautiful silk blouses made from
parachute silk!