-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Good News in Kansas

  • From: "Sandi Beach" <sandib2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 17:21:37 -0600

Bob, I am going to take this opportunity to let you, and our wonderful
group, in on some good news for those of us living in rural and sparsely
populated areas in Kansas.  Our local telephone provider applied for, and
got, a significant amount of stimulus funds to help reach the under-served.
Plans are in the works for fiber optic internet service in a couple of  the
larger towns and for WiMAX to be made available in three little towns
surrounding us.  The WiMAX is slated to be in place by the end of this year
AND my contract is up with hughes.net in October.  So I am very hopeful that
I will truly have hi-speed internet access sooner or later.  I keep in touch
by e-mail with the folks doing the planning so they won't forget me!
Sandi