-=PCTechTalk=- Re: G is this a backdoor trojan?

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 16:27:53 -0400

Having a Charie error pop up on you is odd (never heard of it before), but I
also know that lots of programmers use technically funny error messages in
place of the real ones early in the writing of their code (so early that
they're just not ready to figure out the correct wording of the error yet).
Of course, these 'placemarker' errors are supposed to be replaced by the
real thing before the product is shipped, but sometimes one gets through
without replacement.  All programs are alpha & beta tested before shipping,
but that doesn't mean they are able to test every possible error message.
My guess is that you may have stumbled onto an error condition that's so
rare that it got past their testing.

Peace,
Gman

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-594683847743189197