-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Fwd: Re: Twitter

  • From: lavalier <lavalier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 19:05:51 -0400

Thanks Dave, I'll look into Wordpress
Belle

-----Original Message-----
From: pctechtalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:pctechtalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of David Weaver
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2009 5:07 PM
To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: Fwd: Re: Twitter

At 140 characters per message they're going to be might short. Seriously
though,  Twitter is sort of like a public notepad.  A quick jot down of
a thought.  Or you can use it for marketing.  If done right this is
effective.  It's good for friends too, if you keep a tight reign on who
can follow you.  Twitter, by it's very nature is prone to abuse of
several methods unfortunately.

If you want to write episodic short stories or podcasts I would
recommend WordPress.  It is a highly functional blogging system and
customizable both in it's code (open source) and through various plugins.

Dave

lavalier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I am testing out Twitter to write/blog short stories.  I'm wondering how
this use of Twitter will be received.  I am at: http://twitter.com/Sbreit
Thanks Judith