-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Fwd: Adaware

  • From: "Sharon" <loonlake@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 21:44:53 +0200

I can totally recommend Analogue X's POW! - I've been using it for well over
a year now, with no problems at all.  It recognises most pop-up's straight
away, and it's very easy to add the one's it misses (not many!) while you're
there check out his other free applications, - although I have 384meg of
memory currently installed in my machine. I still find Maxmem one of the
best free app's out there. ; )  -- spotta

            try this from lockergnome
http://technoerotica.net/mylog/optouts.html  -- Lexi

            I love the freebee's too, but I am not unwilling to pay for a
program that does exactly what I want in a world class way.  I've often
recommended a program called Zero Popup.  It even has the coveted Master
NetLord Seal of Approval!!  It's not free, but it's worth every penny of the
USD19.95 I paid for it.  You can see it at:
http://tooto.triasite.net/download.htm  -- Master NetLord 01/14/2002

Look at the DON'T PANIC POP-UP STOPPER at www.panicware.com  Don  (14.1.02)

Personally I like SIP from iconlabs.net, it takes a little while to set up
(as you use it) but it's free and works very well.  - TTFN  Mex

It's called Free Surfer mk II and is located at
http://www.free.surfer.tc/mail . It also has some other interesting
features. I think it's well worth it to check it out.

The one I settled on is called Web Window Killer. It works the best compared
to the others. It does come with a base of windows it will kill and when one
pops up you just open the program from the system tray and with a couple of
clicks it's added to the list. It's very user friendly. Take a look
http://www.anarelion.com/aalku/WebWindowKiller/main.php download it and see
for yourself.

 HTH

Sharon