-=PCTechTalk=- Re: First Phase of Userinit.exe repair (Sammi)

  • From: "Sammi" <sammi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 18:49:25 -0600

First of all, it has finished its search, his system is much faster than
mine. I am wondering if his system had something to do with today's date.

Yes I am sure that it is my hard drive, I checked the D drive to make sure
that the other folders were in fact, mine. I opened the D drive to look,
then I began the search.

Actually, I don't know whether SpyBot changed or deleted the original file.
All I know is that SpyBot said there was a Trojan in the file and SpyBot had
a "Fix It" button, which I clicked on. When I rebooted, I could no longer
log in. My machine was in a log in - log off loop. The forums I visited all
referred to this being a SpyBot snafu of some kind of false positive. I
believed that it had changed it somehow.

I could go ahead and copy the Service Pack file into the System 32 folder
and put my system back together and see what happens. Or I could triple
check it. But, his D drive was his CD/DVD drive and the power (chuckle) and
IDE cable are attached to my hard drive. He had no other drives.

Sammi