-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Fireworks CS4 help

  • From: "Tim Schoon" <gamemaster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 14:39:59 -0600

That's how I've always done it. I tried to open a .png file just now only to
find that Fireworks has once again overridden my settings. The original .png
icon is now different, and I cannot keep any program other than Fireworks as
the default. I do not want it to open in Fireworks by default.

-----
Tim

    From: EddieB <fasteddieb216@xxxxxxxxx>
    To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 15:44:13 -0500

Tim,

The best way is to right-click and Open With, but then choose "Choose
Program" instead of a program on the Open With list.  In the window that
pops up, choose Windows Photo Viewer and check the "Always use the selected
program to open this kind of file" checkbox.  Now it should stay, unless
Fireworks has a feature that fixes its associations every time you run it.

Ed

in the Subject.