-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Firewall

  • From: "DH (Rick) Holmes" <hayvan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 09:01:45 +1200

I  use the free version of ZoneAlarm and have never observed any problem
with it until recently. The problem is that it prevents me accessing the
web when I switch into my satellite connection. If ZA is running I just
cannot connect.  If I disable ZA, connect to the satellite and re-enable
ZA it runs briefly, and then chops off.

This means that if I want high speed downloads, I have to do without ZA.

How stupid would I be to go without ZA?  What are the real risks? I do
my banking over the net, and this area concerns me particularly.
 Perhaps I should try Outpost.

I would welcome any comments or suggestions, and you may call me stupid,
if that is the case!

Rick