-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Dos screen? on boot up

  • From: Jim <n1jmm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 23:49:09 -0400

Christy those files are called: autoexec.bat  and  config.sys..... they
are normally located on:   C:\

if your looking for them using the default configuration of windows
explorer or my computer then you proably wont see them as by default
they don't show windows system files and they don't show the file
extensions either. You can change the configuration of windows explorer
using the VIEW tab and the TOOLS / Options functions which I highly
recommend.

Normally there is nothing in either of those files with the newer
versions of windows, most stuff is now loaded via other windows
configuration files.

-Jim-