-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Credit Reports (Off Topic, sort of)

  • From: Disastar <disastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 12:10:27 -0400

You always have to be careful when clicking a link in an email.  Its much
safer to right-click the link, choose Copy Link, and then search it with
google to see if its safe.  Often you can't find anything searching for the
full link, but searching for only the domain name part of the URL (the
beginning part up to and including the .com, .net, .biz, etc) will often
lead you to info if its safe or not.

On another note, I'm not sure if this is still true or not, but years ago
when I was trying to get a mortgage, the bank warned me that I almost had
too many inquiries to my credit.  They said that too many inquiries is often
a sign that you are late on payments and they can't tell the difference
between a creditors inquiry and a credit report inquiry.