-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Cookies problem

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 19:06:16 -0700

Hi Terry,
she will probably have to turn on Javascript (I had to with my Canadian=
 Bank)
Also check to make sure the firewall is not blocking the cookies if they=
 have one.

Mike ~ one of the Moderators
It is a good day if I learned something new.
Editor MikesWhatsNews http://www.mwn.ca/

******* Mike's  REPLY SEPARATOR *********

On 8/31/2005 at 10:45 PM DavisUnit wrote:

A friend running Win XP Home is having a problem with cookies while trying
to get into online banking.  It gives the error:
"Your browser currently has cookies disabled. You cannot sign in to Online
Banking without cookies enabled. You will need to change this option in
order to sign in."
All indications are that cookies ARE enabled, but I gave her the following
directions to try to correct the problem:

Go to menu:
Tools/InternetOptions/General and click Delete Cookies button.
Tools/InternetOptions/General/DeleteFiles/OK
Tools/InternetOptions/General/DeleteFiles and click the checkbox, then OK
Tools/InternetOptions/General and click Clear History button.
Tools/InternetOptions/Security , click each of the 4 icons (Internet, Local
Intranet, Trusted Sites, Restricted Sites) and then the Default Level
button each time.
Tools/InternetOptions/Security/TrustedSites, click the Sites button, type
in https://www1.royalbank.com then click the Add button, then OK
Tools/InternetOptions/Privacy, click the Sites button, type in the same
address https://www1.royalbank.com then click the Add button, then OK.
Close/open Internet Explorer and try again.

After doing all that, she still has the same problem.
Checking browser settings at=
 http://onlinejobs.redr.org/showbrow.asp?bhcp=3D1
shows that Session cookies are enabled, but Permanent Cookies are disabled.

Any suggestions?

Terry