-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Changing hard disk

  • From: Chris <spotta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 18:01:07 +0100

Hi Deepack,
  Ghost 2003 certainly should be able to help,
Firstly make the ghost boot diskettes
then add the new 40 GB disk, if  you have a
DVD and CDR, maybe disconnect one temporarily to free up
an IDE connection, then boot with the ghost boot diskettes
and you'll find an option to copy 'everything' on the drive, do=
 this,
once done remove the 20 GB drive, Replace it with the 40 GB one
that now contains your 98SE and off you go.
 Chris.

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002 21:55:08 +0530, Deepak wrote:

>I have Win98SE on C: (20GB)  and WinXP Pro on D: (40 GB). I now=
 want
>to =3D
>replace the 20 GB hard disk with a new 40 GB one. What is the=
 best
>way =3D
>to do it, since dual boot info is on C:\, plus there is=
 obviously