-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Can't get my microphone to work.

  • From: "Warren Standifird" <wstandifird@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 21:07:45 -0700

Hi GMan,

The computer is actually labled Fry's on the front. But of coarse since
Fry's is a retail outfit it is probably an OEM job, but from where, I don't
know. It is a desktop or actually a tower that sits on the floor. The Model
8130 is the number printed on the cover of the book that came with the
computer and which I never got around to reading.

Digging a little deeper I find that the Model number is FM8130 REV:1.

Microsoft Windows XP
Media Center Eddition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Serial Number I think, but don't know:

76487-OEM-0011903-00829

Intel(R)
Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz
3.00 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM
Physical Address Extension

Also found the Support Website which I will visit later tonight. Looks like
I still got work to do on my own.

Fry's Electronics Support Website:
http://www.fryssupport.net

Thanks again for your help on this problem.

Warren

>From: GMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
>To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: Can't get my microphone to work.
>Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 21:18:44 -0400
>
>Warren,
>     Of course, I remember you and I'm really glad you're here.  I'm also
>overjoyed that the course had such a positive affect on your computing life
>and that YOU are proactive enough to actually put some of the ideas I tried
>to present to good use.  You'd probably be amazed at how many folks take
>the
>class and then later get into trouble because they don't actually use the
>info.
>
>     In any case, it sounds like you've done at least most of the basic
>troubleshooting already.  I went to Fry's site for hardware info and was
>unable to locate anything using the model number of 8130 other than a DVD
>drive.  Is the system made by Fry's or is there a different manufacturer's
>name somewhere on it?  Also, is it a laptop or a desktop model?
>
>Peace,
>GMan
>
>"The only dumb questions are the ones that are never asked!"

Help yourself to FREE treats served up daily at the Messenger Café. Stop by
today!
http://www.cafemessenger.com/info/info_sweetstuff2.html?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_OctHMtagline