-=PCTechTalk=- Re: CPU speed...

  • From: "Sir Troth" <sirtroth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 08:52:51 -0500

If your CPU is showing a high percentage usage, it just means its working hard.
A dying CPU and a continuous high CPU usage % do not correlate with each
other... meaning, having one doesn't necessarily mean you'll have the other.
But, yes... if you have a CPU going bad, it can "sort of" slow your internet
connection. Well, it doesn't really slow the connection, though it might look
like so. The internet connection speed is independent of the CPU But, the data
that downloads from the net is processed by the CPU. If the CPU can't handle
the data as fast as its getting it, its going to look slow because you're only
going to see or be able to use whatever's been processed.

---Troth