-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Buy. com rebates

  • From: ~OoO~ <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 12:09:29 -0500

I have received numerous rebates from them. And, I have two pending at the
moment.
Regarding that fine print... that's not accurate. If that were the case, they'd
tell you they mailed it and just wouldn't mail it. However, the fine print
usually does say something in the wording of them not being responsible if YOU
send the rebate forms and they get lost in the mail, or they don't receive it,
yada yada yada. The difference between this scenario and the former scenario is
that with the former you can prove that you never cashed any rebate checks from
them.

Also... these rebates are not from Buy.com. Buy.com is the retailer, but the
rebates are usually from the manufacturer of the product. Of all the rebates
I've done with Buy.com, every one of them has been from the manufacturer. Just
a FYI.

Which rebated item is your friend waiting on? Almost all the items state a
waiting period of 8-10 weeks. As long and ridiculous as that sounds, she's
probably going to be waiting that long.

======================================
= SirTroth
= ICQ: 1717439