-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Browser

  • From: The Keyboard Cowboy <KBCowboy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 20:26:56 -0400

Cajun............I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "I don't
want to set her up with Internet Explorer or Outlook Express
because she is not at all computer savvy and would be an easy
target for viruses.".  I certainly understand about Outlook
Express.........and you're taking the right path there.  Calypso,
TheBat, Poco, all are good and safer by far than Outlook Express.
With regard to browsers, I think there's little to fear.  Browsers
don't generally get viruses.  Downloading programs, etc., of course,
puts one in harms way for viruses -- and that's true no matter what
browser you use.  If she's not computer savvy, I'd recommend you set
her up with the latest IE and simply set it up for the safest usage.
  Regards from the
"Keyboard Cowboy",
         ,,,,,,,,
         Ô¿Ô¬
   Cincinnati, Ohio
Scottsdale, Arizona
Sunday, 8/17/2003, @ 20:22:09 EST

Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely.