-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Automatic Install

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 15:12:22 -0800

Hi Cajun,
I think you are reffering to 'slipstreaming'
http://www.infinisource.com/WindowsXP/wincp-sp1-bootcd.html
Slipstreaming Windows XP Service Pack 1a and Create Bootable CD
 Slipstreaming a Service Pack, is the process to integrate the Service Pack
into the installation so that with every new installation the Operating
System and Service Pack are installed at the same time.

Slipstreaming is usually done on network shares on corporate systems. But
with the advent of CD burners, it does actually make some sense for the home
user or small business user to do the same.

Microsoft added the ability to Slipstream a Service Pack to Windows 2000 and
Windows XP. It not only has the advantage that when you (re)install your OS,
you don't have to apply the Service Pack later, also if you update any
Windows component later, you'll be sure that you get the correct
installation files if Windows needs any.
++ There is more on the web site.

Editor MikesWhatsNews see ~ http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/
See my Anti-Virus pages
<http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/mikes_virus_page.htm>
A Technical Support Alliance Charter Member

On 06/01/2004 at 4:48 PM Cajun wrote:

Does anyone have instructions or know of a website that explains how to
create your own bootable CD with instructions to automatically insert your
Product Key, etc.?  It seems I read something somewhere on how to create a
file containing your Product Key, then pointing to it in the installation
process, but I can't find it.
Thanks!  : )

dj