-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Atatchments / File Segregator / Dropload

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 16:01:27 -0800

This program may help;

File Segregator
http://www.nutty.ca/index.aspx?page=3DSoftware&id=3DFile%20Segregator
File Segregator is a program that splits and joins files without generating=
 any special file formats, headers, or irreversible settings. The idea is=
 to split up large files that would otherwise produce errors transferring=
 over a network or for easy and compatible storage on CD-R/W, DVD-R/W,=
 DVD+R/W, DVD-RAM disks. It can also be used as a substitute for archive=
 formats (.zip, .rar, etc=85) where one desires to split up their large=
 file into multiple smaller files.

Or use Dropload
A service enabling one to transfer files to a server for someone to pick up=
 at
a later date, without disclosing email address.
www.dropload.com/

Mike ~ one of the Moderators
It is a good day if I learned something new.
Editor MikesWhatsNews http://www.mwn.ca/

******* Mike's  REPLY SEPARATOR *********

On 11/11/2005 at 10:47 AM Lionel wrote:

This is a  quiz  concerning the  pics, can't see how it  can be  split up .

Subject: -=3DPCTechTalk=3D- Re: Atatchments.

Maybe you should consider making smaller packages to send..I for one
wouldn't want 20 pics ALL at once..being on dial up it would take forever
and an eternity to get downloaded..AND you might check what format is
being sentl.  pics usually fair better size wise in .jpg.  If you use .bmp=
 it
will swamp any mail box.
ml