-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Any FREE pop up stoppers?

  • From: Faustus <dktrfaustus@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 23:54:02 GMT

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003 12:30:23 -0800 (PST), Cerulean wrote:
>Panicware is out of my price range at the moment.
>Doesn't anyone offer this stuff for free?
>
>Nanne the Cheapskate

For the more adventurous, I'd recommend downloading the free=
 version of the Opera browser. Lots of excellent features,=
 particularly the ability to prevent pop-up windows from=
 appearing. I'll never go back to Internet Explorer!

http://www.opera.com

Another worthwhile option is to download the custom-built 'hosts'=
 file from the address below and integrate it into your own. This=
 will prevent many ad-servers from appearing. Again, maybe=
 something to try if you're confident mucking around with your=
 system files.

http://www.accs-net.com/hosts/how_to_use_hosts.html

Faustus