-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Anti virus

  • From: "Simon Abbott" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 00:56:33 +0100

Cris / Andy / Anyone

For what it's worth, For as long as I've had PC's, I've always run Nortons &
AVG 6.0 free edition together, and they have worked together fine on Win 98,
Win 98SE and ME. My brother-in-law runs them both on XP pro with no probs,
too.

A PC engineer once said that he swore by two separate AV progs running
together on a catch-all basis.

The only problem I've found is just lately the Norton Firewall (came as a
twin pack with Norton AV) is occasionally preventing my AVG updates, even
after clicking the "Permit" access button.

Can you or anyone else help??

Simon