-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Adaware and KaZaa

  • From: "andy" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 12:19:18 +0100

From the K-lite FAQ

 http://doa2.host.sk/

How does KaZaA Lite get around Spyware?

It gets around it, quite simply, by not installing it!
Both the Original KaZaA and KaZaA Lite (because KaZaA Lite has to work
exactly the same as the Original KaZaA) actually check for CyDoor on your
machine and will not run without it. However, KaZaA Lite gets around this by
installing a dummy version of CyDoor, which appears correct to KaZaA, but
does not serve the adverts, meaning they don't appear in KL. It also stops
random pop-ups from appearing while you're using KL. This dummy version of
CyDoor is from a group called Counterexploitation (CEXX).

Cheers

Andy