-=PCTechTalk=- Re: 7zip link

  • From: <recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 17:32:14 -0400

The portable version does not install.  It simply extracts itself from the
downloaded file.  The files will go into whatever folder you specify.  If
you specify a folder that does not exist it will not extract.

To launch you navigate to the folder and double click on the .exe file.  The
interface is very simple to figure out to extract or compress files.

When you extract files they will extract to a subfolder of the folder that
holds the source file.

Don