-=PCTechTalk=- Re: 1606 Error

  • From: Joy & Mal <jomal1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:42:42 +0800

Yes tried uninstall, deleting registry entries, reinstall. Copied CD
contents to hard drive, install and still no go. Downloaded latest MSI,
tried again. Attempted registry fixes for 1606 error albeit unsuccessfully.
Am pleased to advise that your "workable solution" succeeded. Install
worked once wife's directory was on my machine.
Purchased program from US vendor on e-bay for use on "stubborn" machine,
installed it on second machine as part of the trouble shooting process (
e.g. it installs therefore the cd is okay).
Grateful and thankful for the assistance.

Mal