-=PCTechTalk=- One Year Later

  • From: "David J. Weaver" <weaverdj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCTechTalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 10:59:59 -0400

I wrote the following yesterday about today.

One Year Later

..... and the world is still turning.

Tomorrow is the anniversary of one of the biggest tragedies in American
history.  On Sept. 11, 2001, terrorism came upon these shores like never
before.  The American innocence was shattered, and fear became a way of life
for many.

..... and the world is still turning.

Tomorrow will be the anniversary for many families of being ultimately
changed forever.  Families, all at once, were ripped apart and shattered,
and brought together over the loss.  Conflicting emotions ruled Sept. 11 and
the days that followed.  Hearts were broken, dreams shattered, and the
American way of life was forever altered.

----- and the world is still turning.

Tomorrow should be remembered for what it was and what it is.  It was a
terrible tragedy, one that will reside in the American psyche for
generations, much like the Civil War, World War II, and Vietnam.  What makes
this tragedy stick out is that mostly civilians were lost in a conflict that
they didn't even know was going to happen.

Tomorrow should be remembered for what it is.  It is a wake-up call for the
American people.  It should remind us that the price of freedom is high.
That being free isn't a right to be taken lightly.   That sometimes the
citizens of a country pay for the actions of their government.  Sounds like
a lesson that rest of the world learned long ago.  America is young and
still has growing pains in the global scheme of things.  In 226 years we
have become the world leader.  As America leads, much of the older global
community doesn't like it.  As a leader America is also the target.

..... and the world is still turning.

What does all this mean for Average Joe Citizen?  It means we should keep
on, keeping on as a dear friend of mine once told me.  To face adversity,
conquer it, and move on to the next trial that life throws us.  It means we
should start holding our government accountable for what they do in our
name, the American People.  It means we should value that which should be
most dear to us, our families, and let them know we love them.  Because as
so many learned on Sept. 11, 2001, any day can be your last.

On Sept. 11, 2001, America learned what is was to be mortal, and all the
pain that goes along with that realization.  Nations have come and gone
because they have been shattered by that truth.  We need to be strong, and
continue on living in memory of all those that are no longer with us.

To all those who lost family, friends, and loved ones on Sept 11.:

You are in my prayers and in my thoughts.  You have sacrificed more than
anyone should have to.  May God bless you and make His face to shine upon
you and grant you peace.

David Weaver