-=PCTechTalk=- Now I need HELP with a corrupted system!!!

  • From: Richard Hulett <pctechwantab@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 03:36:07 -0700 (PDT)

Background/ History of problem:
During an update (of one of M$ critical BAND-AID updates) in came Antivirus XP
2008 (Careful everyone this is a bad virus/Trojan). Got frustrated so I bought
a new larger HD (160GB from-->55-60GB) and Norton 360. Norton, Grisoft AVG Free
didn't help matters.  With a fresh install on the new HD, I went onto the
internet with IE to get Firefox, then closed IE (I don't like M$ products). IE
kept launching on its own and pop-ups. Sought help from www.windows.com forum
and  http://malwareremoval.com. Turns out there was a little critter that came
crawling in. Now gone I hope. I'm going to put the original HD back into the
Laptop/notbook and try to clean it also. Then use it as an external USB Back up
HD.

Now the other problem:
for some unknown reason, my Audio is not working correctly. I'm having an
audio conflict that blocking the audio drivers from installing and
working correctly. Device manager says ENABLED but when you click on
SOUND, SPEECH, and AUDIO DEVICES--> SOUNDS and AUDIO DEVICES--it
says "NO AUDIO DEVICE". I've been able to Uninstall/Reinstall through
Device manager. But now it is flashing a BLUE Crash Screen (To fast to see
information) and the
computer reboots.  Here's an error that popped up last night after a reboot!

Windows Cannot find
'http:oca.microsoft.com/resredir.aspx?sid=7822&Bucket=0xA_ALCXWDM%2bad02&State=1&ID=d62f0645-e469-466f-8933-53efd8de323d&LCID=1033&OS=5.1.2600.2.00010300.3.0'.
 Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a
file, click the Start button, and then click Search.

I'm
currently going through a Divorce, currently in Orlando, FL on a some what
Vacation for a few more days then back to the KAOS, mostly thinging about what
to do about my future, learning
about divorce, child support, bankruptcy, etc... And trying to fix my
computer. I'd like to get it working before I get back to CA!

Thank you for any help.
Richard