-=PCTechTalk=- Netscape7

  • From: "DH (Rick) Holmes" <hayvan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PCTechTalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 10:52:50 +1200

The problem mentioned below is now resolved
Cheers
Rick

This is a curly one!

I have installed Netscape7 on a WinMe machine and trying to send an email
has proven impossible. I get a window telling me that my Mail and Newsgroup
settings need to be checked. I have checked them and they look OK to me. I
can receive mail in the normal way.

However, once I press the 'Send' button, the modem lights in the system tray
icon light up and stay on continuously! If I look at the status I see that
large amounts of information are being received and sent. What this is I
don't have a clue! It seems as though it will go on for ever!

Any ideas, please?

Rick