-=PCTechTalk=- Lots of error messages

  • From: "C.E. Cochran" <dylan63@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCTechTalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 18:52:56 -0400

Hi everyone - I just asked about the sound card driver problem, but I can
deal with that not working right now.  What is really bothering me is lots
of error messages - EXPLORER caused an invalid page fault in module
USER.EXE; MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module USER.EXE; IEXPLORE
caused a general protection fault in module USER.EXE.  I just installed a 40
GB hard drive, and put on a fresh copy of Windows 98 - a brand new copy, I
should say.  I was having these same error messages before I installed the
new drive -- I thought replacing the hard drive would fix it.  Guess I was
wrong!  Does anybody have any clue what's doing this, and am I right in
thinking that maybe reformatting and reinstalling Windows might solve these
problems, and even possibly fix the sound card issue?  Any ideas welcome!
Thanks, Connie C.