-=PCTechTalk=- Laptop screws

  • From: "Jo Ann Weaver" <bookworm54@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 21:19:01 -0400

I have bought a laptop the same as mine (Compaq Prosignia 150) off ebay to use
for parts. I want to change the keyboards.
Some of the screws are star type. I was able to get them out of the parts one
with a regular small straight screwdriver and have removed the keyboard.
The problem is I can't get the ones out of mine. I bought  a Torx 9 screwdriver
which I understand is what I need, but it won't work. Don't know if it's not
the right type or the screws are messed up. Any ideas how I can remove them?
Doesn't help that the holes are so deep, I can't really see them.
Jo Ann

I care not much for any man's religion if it doesn't benefit his dog and cat.

Abraham Lincoln