-=PCTechTalk=- Internet problem

  • From: "Jo Ann Weaver" <hillfarm3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 22:55:03 -0500

I have set up an older computer for a friend[166 cpu, 96 megs RAM,running
WinME] I got him started with an ISP. His computer is connecting and holding at
48000 bps, but it won't load any web pages. Have been on the phone with his ISP
half a dozen times, tried everything they suggested, still no go. You just get
an IE message saying page cannot be displayed. Can't do IE repair because it
isn't listed in add remove programs[unless someone knows another way?] I
downloaded the IE setup file, put it on a floppy and took it to his computer.
It wouldn't work, said it couldn't find the download sites. I checked the
internet security settings and lowered them, no good. I burned Opera to a CD.
When I was installing it, it did have an error with the Java part. It wouldn't
load a page either. Anybody have any other ideas Please? Is there a way I could
Find the IE files on my computer and burn them to CD and install on his
machine? I've about run out of ideas.
Jo Ann