-=PCTechTalk=- Imation floppy disk question

  • From: "cristy" <poppy0206@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 19:49:16 -0400

Does anyone know how an Imation floppy can be read if you have a floppy
drive that is not reading it for some reason?

Hi Christine:
     Yes, it is a "floppy" disk quite similar in appearance to a 1.4  mb
floppy  but obviously quite different internally. My old computer came
with a floppy drive that could read/write normal disks and also the
"Imation"  120 mb  floppys. Obviously there was software included with
the Imation program to enable the CPU to "see" either. My new
system is devoid of  same using CD/DVDs for backup purposes. My wife's
system does have a floppy drive but can see only the "normal" floppies.
Cheers
Jim

Christine