-=PCTechTalk=- ISP's for newbies

  • From: "Cajun" <cajun@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"pctechtalk digest users" <ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 15:54:49 -0600

It appears that my mother may be able to call into a major city to access
Juno after all.  She said they got a notice this past summer that this major
city is no longer long distance for them.  I'm checking on that with the
phone company to see if it is actually a local call or just within her LOS
radius at a reduced rate.

My question now is, Juno's free service offers 10 hours of Internet per
month, which is probably all my mother needs to access email and do a little
surfing for now.  What happens when the 10 hours are up?  Do they start
billing you or do they just disconnect you and put a hold on your account
until the end of the month?  I don't see anything in their Faq's that tells
you how that works.  The answer is probably buried somewhere in the setup
software, which I haven't paid to receive on CD yet.

Cajun