-=PCTechTalk=- IE question

  • From: "Fred Weaver" <hillfarm3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 16:41:20 -0500

I need some help for a friend. I just got him a computer and loaded internet
software for him. He can connect to the net but can't load a page on his
browser, Internet Explorer, version 5.50. I phoned his ISP support about 5
times today and they had me to try a lot of things about his connection
settings, but nothing worked. Finally they decided the trouble is probaly with
IE. I can't use the repair option because IE is not listed in his add/remove
programs. I had this problem myself once and somebody here helped me, but, I
can't remember what I had to do. Maybe download Explorer and install over
itself?
Jo Ann