-=PCTechTalk=- [Fwd: Re: Re: Broadband control]

  • From: "R. M. B. White" <roguer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pc techtalk <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 07:42:00 +1200

To Mike the Mod,

I am sorry I missed you out of my congratulatory message below.

 I did follow your helpful advice about lengths of cables, and this
doubtless contribute to the success.

There is no doubt that when one or more of the PCTT Mods weigh in on a
subject, their firepower is
amazing.

Thanks again,

Roger W

GMan! and Don! and Lil and well, EVERYBODY!,

Eureka!! it woiks!!   I did what you said, I did what the Modem/Router
Manual said and hey presto ( and to my total, and unbelieving amazement)
it worked first time.

I ran the ISP's speed test, and got 6116 kbps download and 799 kbps
upload.  I don't know whether that is fast, modest or slow in the NEW
world which I have joined today, but I do know how the prehistoric
caveman felt when he found himself walking on Mars with J. S. Bach.

Incidentally, I have to bow to Gman's superior arithmetic experience;
NO, .... three line filters DIDN'T cover four phone jacks so I hastily
acquired one more, not wishing to fry my phones (AND not realising I
COULD, before his Early warning signal).

Interestingly, the Modem/Router Manual from China talked about
Splitters, which I found means the same to them
as "Filters". .....  I am so glad I didn't enter for the Olympics in
Beijing.

Roger W