-=PCTechTalk=- [Fwd: Re: Re: Backup and latest Ghost (12.0)]

  • From: "R. M. B. White" <roguer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pc techtalk <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 17:27:16 +1300

Another OUCH.   I forgot trim reply on my post of a few mins ago.  V. sorry

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrr

GMan!

OUCH! ... I am again guilty of not explaining fully.

1. I reinstalled Drag'n Drop ONLY

2. The Recovery CD gave me two radio buttons A. Full Recovery B.
Reinstall  individual Apps and Drivers; so I looked down the list,
picked Drag'n Drop and got a message "This will reinstall ... you will
not lose any files". On that basis I decided I wd not do a Backup, but I
did do a registry backup.  It has all worked fine.

3. As regards the full backup I am proposing, I have downloaded your
files, made hard copy prints in bite-sized pieces and will put these
under my pillow in the hope they will inculcate into my (t)rusty brain.

4. I note yr serious warnings and disclaimers which I accept willingly.
I do wonder however whether it would be better for me just to simply
backup ALL of  Documents and Settings, Program Files, Temp, and as much
of Windows as I can??

5. I automatically store Serial numbersof Apps and other downloads
including the Registration numbers and pay details on a separate file
AWAY from the computer

Roger W